We are recruiting a Facilities Technician to be part of Medine group I Property
Business unit: Medine group I Property
Closing Date: 8th December 2023
In this role, you will:
- Assist maintenance team and attend to maintenance and executing maintenance programs as directed by the relevant Property and/or Facilities Managers.
- Conduct inspections of properties on a rotational basis as instructed by management and advise manager of preventative maintenance requirements on identified issues and when carrying out inspections.
- Undertake routine periodic inspections of the buildings, fixtures, fittings and equipment at various properties as directed.
- Coordinate third party services of maintenance contractors, suppliers, vendors, etc. Deals with contractors on a daily basis.
- Liaise with tenants with regards to maintenance problems.
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance.
- Coordinate maintenance activities. Ensure that facilities are clean, well maintained, and in good repair. Follow preventive maintenance procedures as appropriate.
- Ensure that the maintenance operations are in compliance with established procedures, policies, regulations and codes.
- Assist the Facilities and relevant Managers for all the security, as well as the Health and Safety aspects of the Centre.
- Follow all safety rules and procedures, and safety policies.
- Complete regular OSH inspections and update monthly reports.
- Ensure that OSH requirements are effectively implemented.
- Be familiar with emergency numbers.
- Track and record repair and maintenance results.
- Maintain register of tools and equipment pertaining to maintenance of property.
- Assist Facilities Manager with retaining Asset Register of Property.
- Complete work orders, lists materials issues and used, and file paperwork with appropriate personnel.
- Completion of time sheets and maintenance records.
- Execute any other cognate duties as may be necessary as required by the employer
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Minimum 3 years of experience.
- Experience in electrical, plumbing and general building maintenance.
- Proficient knowledge of maintenance functions and safety protocol.
- Ability to undertake and/ or coordinate emergency maintenance as necessary.
- Good Interpersonal and communications skills.