We are recruiting a Survey Technician to be part of Medine group I Property
Business unit: Medine group I Property
Closing Date: 8th December 2023
In this role, you will:
- Perform field surveying to obtain data for base plans.
- Perform topographical, construction stake out and boundary surveys.
- Measure the site using surveying instruments including total stations and GPS receivers and any other equipment related to land surveying works.
- Represent Medine, under the supervision of a surveyor, at surveys carried out by private surveyors where the boundaries of the properties of Medine are concerned.
- Produce drawings from raw survey data under the provisions of the Cadastral Survey Act 2011 or any other Acts/Regulations related thereto.
- Assist in the preparation of land development plans and correspondence.
- Advise on characteristics of sites regarding the development possibilities and the related constraints.
- Provide constructive feedback on design and subsequent construction.
- Liaise with professionals and authorities (internal and external) constructively within development projects.
- Preparation of layout plans for morcellements in consultation with surveyors and town and country planners.
- Check road alignments and other features after construction.
- Carry out searches at the Registrar General Department and archives offices.
- Maintain inventory of land surveying equipment and survey materials.
- Ensure all equipments are serviced and properly calibrated.
- Follow-up on renewal of required survey software licences.
- Execute any other cognate duties as may be necessary as required by the employer
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Graduate in a course related to surveying.
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience as survey technician or in field survey and related office duties.
- Ability to work with Total Stations, GPS Receivers and any other equipment related to land surveying works.
- Knowledge in mathematics, science and IT skills.
- Well versed in AutoCAD and any other software related to Land Surveying.
- Can analyse and interpret data.
- Ability to communicate well and present information.
- Possesses analytical skills and is resourceful in solving problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and odd hours