We are recruiting a Sous Chef to be part of Casela Nature Parks
Business unit: Casela Nature Parks
Closing Date: 8th December 2023
In this role, you will:
- Work alongside with Head Chef to manage daily kitchen activities
- Supervise all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality consistency.
- Develop new menu items and regular review of existing one with the assistance of the Head Chef.
- preparation and service.
- Ensure kitchen staff is properly trained to work at specific areas.
- Ensure ordering of all food products in a timely manner.
- Distribute work to and assign stations and tasks to subordinates.
- Supervise the activities of subordinates to ascertain provision of efficient service.
- Receive complaint from guests, inform immediate superior and initiate remedial action to satisfy them.
- Assist the Head Chef in planning, controlling and coordinating the kitchen and outlet organization.
- Assist Head Chef in conducting inventory of materials and to make sure that they are correctly used and controlled.
- Ensure as reasonably practicable, the safety, health, and welfare of employees at work.
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Hold culinary arts certificate or any other relevant qualifications.
- At least 3 years of experience in similar position.
- Prior experience in high volume food production environment will be an advantage.
- Good communication skills.
- Attention to details.
- Creative and dedicated.
- Knowledge in Food Safety and HACCP Guidelines