We are recruiting a Demi Chef de Partie to be part of Tamarina Golf and Spa Boutique Hotel
Business unit: Tamarina Golf and Spa Boutique Hotel
Closing Date: 8th December 2023
In this role, you will:
- Season and cook food according to recipes as per established standards.
- Ordering just enough to make sure necessary ingredients are always on hand without any going to waste.
- Ensure everything is stored properly for safety and space efficiency.
- Perform regular duties such as cleaning.
- Cook in bulk without generating waste.
- Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to waiters.
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Carve and trim meats such as beef, veal, ham, pork, and lamb for hot or cold service, or for sandwiches.
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- At least NC 3 in Food Operation or equivalent
- Proven experience in the same field
- A valid Food Handler Certificate
- High level of professionalism
- Team oriented
- Optimistic and upbeat attitude
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Good communication skills