We are recruiting a Conservation Assistant to be part of Casela Nature Parks
Business unit: Casela Nature Parks
Closing Date: 8th December 2023
In this role, you will:
- Assist in the study and analyse characteristics of animals such as origin, interrelationships, classification, life histories, development, genetics, and distribution.
- Assist in overseeing the care and distribution of zoo animals and working with curator and keepers to determine the best way to contain animals, maintain their habitats and manage facilities.
- Assist in educating all visitors, including local schools and colleges, and raise awareness of environmental issues and conservation officers’ work.
- Assist in promoting and implement local and national biodiversity action plans in partnership with local/national/international statutory and voluntary organisations;
- Assist organise, supervise and train supporting staff and volunteers on conservation aspect.
- Prepare applications to get funding and grants.
- Assist in liaising with the media to publicise organisation or conservation sites;
- Disseminate information by writing reports and scientific papers or journal articles, and by making presentations and giving talks for schools, clubs, interest groups and park interpretive programs.
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Holds at least a diploma in animal science, biology or zoology, or a related field, such as management, health or behaviour.
- Animal Care – good knowledge of the care of animals
- A good understanding of how a park function.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently.