We are recruiting a Conservation and Research Officer to be part of Casela Nature Parks
Business unit: Casela Nature Parks
Closing Date: 8th December 2023
In this role, you will:
- Study and analyse characteristics of animal.
- Oversee the care and distribution of zoo animals and working with curator and keepers to determine the best way to contain animals, maintain their habitats and manage facilities.
- Educate all visitors, including local schools and colleges, and raise awareness of environmental issues and conservation officers’ work.
- Promote and implement local and national biodiversity action plans in partnership with local/national/international statutory and voluntary organisations;
- Organise, supervise and train supporting staff and volunteers on conservation aspect.
- Maintain effective records using IT database systems.
- Prepare applications to get funding and grants.
- Liaise with the media to publicise organisation or conservation sites;
- Deal with enquiries from the public
- Make recommendations on management systems and planning for wildlife populations and habitat, consult with stakeholders and the public at large to explore options.
- Disseminate information by writing reports and scientific papers or journal articles, and by making presentations and giving talks for schools, clubs, interest groups and park interpretive programs.
- Perform any other cognate duties as may be assigned related to the nature of your work.
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Holder of a diploma in animal science, biology or zoology, or a related field, such as management, health or behaviour.
- At least 1-year experience concerning care of animals.
- A good understanding of how a park function.
- Sound Knowledge of animal behaviour, husbandry, and welfare.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently.