We are recruiting a Chef de Partie to be part of Tamarina Golf and Spa Boutique Hotel
Business unit: Tamarina Golf and Spa Boutique Hotel
Closing Date: 8th December 2023
In this role, you will:
- Prepare menus in collaboration with the Chef and/ or Sous Chef.
- Ensure adequacy of supplies at the cooking stations.
- Prepare ingredients that should be frequently available (vegetables, spices etc.).
- Run and supervise any kitchen section to the required standards set by the Chef and/ or Sous Chef.
- Stocktake and order supplies for the kitchen.
- Ensure good stock and waste control is practised.
- Be responsible for the quality control of stock and prepared foods.
- Execute cooking to the expected high standard quickly and efficiently.
- Demonstrate cooking techniques and skills in all recipes and dish preparation.
- Fine tune the meals and ensure visual standards.
- Ensure the cleanliness and organisation of the kitchen space.
- Appropriately delegate jobs to assistant cooks and apprentices and support them in their development.
- Ensure that all hygiene and health & safety regulations are respected at all times.
- Organise and coordinate the duties assigned to cooks and commis.
- Maintain a positive and proactive attitude at all times and seek to improve and advance your skill set and performance.
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- NC3 in Food Production or equivalent qualifications.
- Proven experience in a Chef de Partie role.
- Valid Food Handler Certificate.
- Creativity and passion.
- Great team spirit.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Outgoing personality.
- Multitasking and organisational ability
- Excellent use of various cooking techniques, ingredients, tools and processes.