We are recruiting a Animal Keeper to be part of Casela Nature Parks
Business unit: Casela Nature Parks
Closing Date: 8th December 2023
In this role, you will:
- Daily Check of the animal’s health, breeding condition and behaviour.
- Prepares feed for the animals
- Cleans and disinfects the exhibits as per Cleaning Procedure.
- Captures and restrains animals for veterinary work or for transfer to another enclosure
- Ensures the enrichment programme is followed
- Ensures structural enrichment is in good condition
- Inspects fencing and drains daily
- Reports to Animal Care Supervisors of any findings
- Keep records as required
- Participates in on-call roster for emergency procedures
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Caring towards animals
- Working knowledge of and ability to use hand and power tools and equipment.
- Ability to operate light motorized equipment.
- Physical strength, stamina, and agility.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Observational skills